Check back daily to see links to the latest news and articles about Shenzhen China.
We also have a live blog for the latest COVID-19 news and border openings.
Monday November 9th
@?? Brent Deverman 码农 Half Ton does Russian Cuisine Nights on Sundays. (We hosted a foodie meet up there) and Turquoise does a similar Russian menu on Tuesday nights.
There is also a Russian grill in Longhua called ‘Shishlak’– From JR
Saturday November 7th
- Things to do near four new Metro sections
- A Fresh Metropolis The booming Chinese city will follow the sponge city approach
- Irish Huawei communications chief passes away in China
Thursday November 5th
The most popular Shenzhen related video on Youtube with 16million views is two female pilots flying for Shenzhen Airlines.
Wednesday November 4th
Monday November 3rd
Sunday November 2nd
- Shenzhen’s tech-driven economy key to country’s rebound
- Eight Luxury Stores Including Chanel And Gucci Open At High-Traffic Chinese Airports
Sunday November 1st
- Shenzhen Book City CBD Store puts on new look
- Shenzhen 2020 metro map深圳市轨道交通运营线路网络图正式发布（2020版）
- Shenzhen-based hospital to offer subsidised health care to eligible Hongkongers in mainland China
Friday October 30th
- 4 new Metro sections open 深圳地铁四线同步开通，盐田、莲塘、福保等片区结束“无地铁”时代
- New Restaurant in Shenzhen: Gecko has been in Changan, Dongguan for 15 years already and focuses on pizza, steaks and casual American. Will be opening in Seaworld early November. Relaxed restaurant / pub atmosphere with lots of outside seating and reasonable prices.
Friday October 23th
Tuesday October 20th
- Hilton moves Greater South China headquarters to Shenzhen – Travel – Chinadaily.com.cn
Monday October 19th
- The Cha Chaan Teng!
- Blockchain And Big Tech In China’s Countryside
- Will Shenzhen swallow Hong Kong as booming mainland city wins more economic freedoms?
Friday October 16th
- China showers policy incentives on Shenzhen as Xi Jinping pushes to create model city
- Greater Bay Area: Hong Kong’s stricken tourism industry cannot wait for mainland visitors to return, but will they come back?
Wednesday October 14th
- Chinese President Xi Jinping declares Shenzhen a ‘global miracle’
- New bus routes operating to connect with airport 深圳机场新开6条巴士3条接驳线
Tuesday October 13th
Saturday October 10th
Friday October 9th
- The 128th China Import and Export Fair, also known as the #CantonFair, will be held online from October 15 to 24.
- Line 4 extension to begin operations Oct. 28 via @ShenzhenCity
- 128-meter-high ferris wheel in Shenzhen under construction via @ShenzhenCity
Thursday October 8th
- Can Shenzhen Become The New Doorway To The West?
- TimeOut has chosen Sham Shui Po as on of the worlds coolest neighborhoods
- Number of high-rises in Chinese cities with Shenzhen on top
- NSIC | Have You Microchipped Your Dog? 你的狗狗注射芯片了吗？
Friday October 1st
- Charity begins at home for Shenzhen expats (China Daily HK)
- Charity begins at home for Shenzhen expats (China Daily China)
Tuesday September 29th
- Submitting great résumés to companies in China
- Grab movie coupons now!
- Rain may affect National Day holiday travel
Monday Sept 28th
Sunday Sept 27th
Saturday Sept 26th
Friday September 25th
Thursday September 24th
Wednesday September 23rd
Avenues: The World School today announced it has been approved by the Nanshan Education Bureau to make preparations to expand its Shenzhen campus to include primary and junior secondary grades. Beginning in fall 2020 and subject to regulatory approvals, Avenues plans to offer compulsory education for grades 1–9 at its state-of-the-art Tanglang campus location and a program for grades 10–12 at its Learning Innovation Center.
Tuesday September 22nd
Saturday September 19th
Thursday September 17th
- Maison Martell Announces The Opening of L’Atelier Martell Shenzhen
- Travel Blog on visiting Dapeng Fortress in Shenzhen
We are also on Pinterest:
Monday September 14th
- People visit 5th Shenzhen Int’l UAV Expo in Guangdong
- China opens its first sea turtle rewilding facility
Sunday September 13th
Pet cafe in Costal City which is more like a zoo
New Ferris wheel being built in Shenzhen
Saturday September 12th
- What’s in the Cucumber building in Nanshan
- Glen Ball, COO of Top Shelf Asia, was interviewed for the 40th Anniversary of Shenzhen. Thanks for the shout out Glen.
Thursday, September 8th
- Great News! We’ve Been Acquired By a Leading Online Grocery (Nogogo)
- Garbage sorting mandatory 《深圳市生活垃圾分类管理条例》明起正式实施，你准备好了吗？
Monday, September 7th
- With Shenzhen poised in the wings, is Hong Kong’s time in the sun over after protests, Covid-19 and US-China row?
- Cartier opens new boutique in at Shenzhen BaoAn Airport featuring new concept
- How to buy a stock listed in Shenzhen listing?
- Tripsavvy: How to Travel from Hong Kong to Shenzhen by High Speed Train, Metro, and Ferry
- New Service Apartment: Hampton Apartments by Hilton Shenzhen Futian Mangrove Park
Sunday, September 6th
Saturday, September 5th
- From Shenzhen’s Economic Miracle To Greater Bay’s Global Innovation – Analysis
- Shenzhen Wave office makes a splash with unusual bulging design
- SCMP: Hong Kong and Shenzhen haven’t become the tortoise and the hare. Actually, both can win the race
Friday, September 4th
- WIN! Wine from a New Rooftop Wine Bar
- Shenzhen has 2.9m 5G mobile phone users
- huidong: impressions of the edge
- The 8 Best Things to Do This Weekend in Shenzhen
Thursday September 3rd
- Remembering Hong Kong’s unsung role in Shenzhen’s glory – 40 years on, have fortunes reversed?
- Costco to set up flagship store in Longhua
Tuesday September 1st
- URGENT: Help for Hospitalized Indian in SZ | 请为在深圳住院的印度人伸出援助之手
- Typhoon Alert | High temperature burns Guangdong
- Garbage sorting mandatory tomorrow 《深圳市生活垃圾分类管理条例》明起正式实施，你准备好了吗？
Also published on Medium.